This recipe happened by accident. It is the result of no clean baking pans or dishes. No matter how it happened, I am definitely glad it did! It is a different way of making and eating pizza. To serve, you can bring the skillet to the dinner table for a country home feel.
Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
2 Packages active dry yeast
1 1/2 Cup of warm water
1 Teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 Cups of bread flour
2 Tablespoons Cornmeal
1/2 Jar of Pizza Sauce
1/2 Bag of Shredded Cheese
Various Toppings (pepperoni, sausage)
To make the dough:
1. Mix the 2 packages of yeast with 1 cup of warm water, let set for about 10 minutes.
2. Mix in the vegetable oil, salt and flour.
3. Let dough rise for 20 minutes. Place a towel over the bowl.
On to the Pizza:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Spray your cast iron skillet with cooking spray (Pam)
3. Dust the bottom of the skillet with the cornmeal.
4. Stretch out your dough across the skillet.
5. Bake the dough only for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and add pizza sauce, cheese and toppings.
7. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Enjoy your skillet pizza!